Friday, October 29, 2010

Special K-Challenged

Yes, that's right.  I have to admit that I am Special K- challenged.  I am, of course, referring to the "lose a pants size in two weeks" diet, the diet that seems so simple that even the most commited junk foodie could do it, the diet that promises those pesky six pounds that everyone wants to lose will vanish in two weeks.   Two weeks!... a fortnight, fourteen days...a mere blink of the eye in our fast paced lives. Sadly, though, I have tried and failed at the two week challenge more times than I'd care to put into print.  I would have to say that I am diet - challenged in general.  Pretty much there isn't a food that I've met that I don't like.  There are some exceptions to the rule like succotash (so gross), tofu (not really sure that it even qualifies as food), oysters (slimy!) and tartare (something you should really only eat if stranded on a desert island, but somehow qualifies as gourmet). Other than those few culinary no-nos, it's safe to say that I'm in love with food.

Unfortunately my love affair with food is causing a hate hate relationship with my jeans right now.  After baby number three everything seems to have shifted, my center of gravity is down around my ankles, and as luck would have it, I have about six pounds standing between me and a weight that I would be really happy with....well, a weight that I can live with.  Cue the Special K commercials.  This time WILL be different.  I know this because I have enlisted help.  My friend, Casey, who is a tennis coach, and who once in a while humors me by chasing my serves around the tennis court, has agreed to forego her fondue and Slurpee addiction for two weeks so that I can once again fit comfortably in my jeans.  If that isn't friendship then I don't know what is.
So, wish us luck!  Weighing in at 1xx and 1xx, two self proclaimed foodies are about to tackle Operation Quit Being a Fatty next week.  If anyone would like to join us you can get all of the diet info here. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I am the "most committed food junkie"! Ha ha. I have been eating horribly this week in preparation for the lack of exciting foods next week. : ) P.S. I love playing tennis with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked Halloween morning to start this diet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two hours post trick or treating and I haven't eaten a piece of candy!!!

    ReplyDelete