Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treating

A couple of weeks ago we were driving to school in the morning, and Emily announced, " I either want to be a princess or Sacagawea for Halloween this year!"  Since we have about six princess dresses I was hoping that she would decide on one of them, but a couple of days later the verdict came down that we were going to be in search of one Native American costume.  Luckily, I was pretty sure where I could find one.  My dear friend from work was kind enough to pull her daughter's Lenape Indian costume down from the attic...a costume that her now adult daughter wore in her 4th grade NJ play.
As you can see, her fourth grade costume seemed to fit my kindergartener perfectly!  And after searching through a bag of hand me down costumes, we were able to throw a Davey Crocket costume together for Noah, even though he REALLY wanted to be Chief Redstick (don't ask me how my kids come up with all of these ideas).
We had a great night trick or treating with some of Emily and Noah's friends and then visiting some of the girls that I work with.  



PS: Mrs. S if you are reading this...the pumpkin flashlights were a huge hit!  Noah took his to bed with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment