If I was the singing type, I would sit on my porch all evening long singing Sumer is Icumen In. But, I'm not, so I'll just tell you that this is the most wonderful time of the year. For the raspberries and the blackberries, the zucchini blossoms that are begging to be stuffed and fried, the little yellow flowers on my tomato plants, and all of the million other tiny reasons, the start of summer makes me feel like getting up earlier and staying up later.
We just took a five day camping trip (post to follow), and before we left, everything in the garden was teeming with life. As you can see the blossoms were turning to fruit, and my basil and parsely was ready to be harvested. I took advantage of the kids playing outside and made my first batch of pesto. Happy to report that there are already ten small bags ready to go in the freezer.
Now, I'm just going to spend my days staring at my grape tomato plants, willing them to pop out and turn red.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Noah just finished an exciting season of teeball (maybe exciting isn't the word). He was ecstatic when he was put on the All-Star team to play on closing day. Next year we are looking forward to the minors!
Happy Summer, everyone!
Sumer is icumen in,
Loude sing cuckou!
Groweth seed and bloweth meed,
And springth the wode now.
Sing cuckou!
Ewe bleteth after lamb,
Loweth after calve cow,
Bulloc sterteth, bucke verteth,
Merye sing cuckou!
Cuckou, cuckou,
Wel singest thou cuckou:
Ne swik thou never now!
Loude sing cuckou!
Groweth seed and bloweth meed,
And springth the wode now.
Sing cuckou!
Ewe bleteth after lamb,
Loweth after calve cow,
Bulloc sterteth, bucke verteth,
Merye sing cuckou!
Cuckou, cuckou,
Wel singest thou cuckou:
Ne swik thou never now!
No comments:
Post a Comment