1. Went to one of Governor Christie's town hall meetings, and, yes...I am a public school teacher who LIKES Chris Christie. I'd like to blog more about this, but I'd also like to keep all of my teacher friends. Stay tuned, I guess.
2. Mike took Emily and Noah fishing and they caught a gazillion fish all by themselves! We are definitely raising some little outdoorsmen over here.
3. I ran a race. Back a million years ago before I had kids I once told a friend of mine that I hated exercising so much that I would be 500 lbs before I ever set foot on a treadmill! Well, times and waistlines have changed, and I am not only on a treadmill, but hitting the roads three or four times a week and running up to six miles some days. My trusty running partner, Casey, who's been mentioned in several other blogs, agreed to a four mile trail run a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time, despite an appearance by my out of control nerves which drove Casey crazy the whole morning. Why do they have to use a gun at the starting line???? As if the word go isn't good enough. As if my heart isn't already pounding out of my chest while my stomach is in my throat. Anyway, we made it to the finish line in one piece, and I was pretty happy with my time. AND contrary to my heartfelt pleas to Casey to never let me enter another one, I've already been eyeing up some 10 K races for the summer. We'll see.
4. Baseball season is here! Last weekend we went to our first game of the year...all three kids in tow. It was the Phanatic's birthday, so all of the kids were treated to a great pre-game show and Phanatic T-shirts. Addison wasn't too thrilled with the crazy twenty-somethings behind us who thought it was a brilliant idea to yell, "GET SOME!!!" every five minutes. So, she promptly tuned them out and went to sleep. Noah and Emily were, of course, on the look out for the Phanatic the whole game. Emily is surprisingly interested in the players and the whole game, and probably knows more about baseball than I did until recently. She's got tricks for remembering all of the players names...for example, she knows Ibanez by his trademark "chipmunk" cheeks full of chew. The highlight had to be Mike catching a foul ball (Ben Francisco). Noah keeps taking it down off the shelf and saying, "I just want to hold it one more time. " Too cute!
So, as you can read, we've had a couple of busy weeks, and things don't seem to slow down until June...yikes! I'm off to get my half price ride tickets in O.C. already this weekend. Yep, beach season is almost here, people. Less than five months until I go back to work, and I plan on spending as much of it as I can chasing Addison around making sure she doesn't put sand in her mouth.



No comments:
Post a Comment